Yoga & Mindfulness in the Preschool & PreK Classroom
This one day professional development training is intended for those that have not attended our Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training or who have attended and need a refresher as well as additional preschool content. Participants will gain an understanding of the many benefits and how to’s of integrating yoga and mindfulness-based activities into their class day. Through interactive discussion and lots of playful, experiential practice, participants will learn developmentally-appropriate and engaging breathing activities, playful yoga postures, song and movement sequences, and games and relaxation techniques that support social, emotional, cognitive and physical health and well-being. Participants will also learn the components of an effective preschool yoga class and how to:
- Keep students engaged
- Increase strength, flexibility, mobility and proprioception
- Build focus and concentration
- Self regulate through movement and breathing techniques
- Practice sustainable self-care for teacher wellness to avoid burn-out
- Offer appropriate options for movement and sound in any space
- Incorporate effective proactive behavior management strategies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Explain the physical, cognitive, social and emotional benefits of integration of yoga and mindfulness-based interventions for preschoolers as reflected in the growing evidence base.
- Share developmentally appropriate and engaging yoga and mindfulness-based techniques with preschool-aged children.
- Identify opportunities to integrate yoga and mindfulness breaks throughout the school day to support social and emotional learning, attention, behavior, and positive climate.
- Develop lesson plans to support preschool curricula.
- Find additional tools and resources for continued learning.
Preschool educators will be empowered to create a positive, peaceful, productive learning environment as their students learn important skills for self-regulation that can be carried with them throughout their lives.
* Please note that these workshop contact hours do not count toward completion of our 95hr Registered Children’s Yoga School program.
CE HOURS / APPROVED PROVIDERS
Trainings are valid for Yoga Alliance CE hours and possible CEUs or PDPs from your credentialing organization.
Since 2014, ChildLight Education Company has been a Yoga Alliance approved Registered Children’s Yoga School, a Registered 200 Hour Yoga School and a Registered Prenatal Yoga School providing teacher training and continuing education.
ChildLight Education Company is a Continuing Education Provider through Courses4Teachers. The credit they offer is graduate-level professional development semester credit, through the University of the Pacific, designed for salary advancement and/or to renew credentials for teachers in districts across the U.S.
Vermont Student Assistance Corp. (VSAC)
ChildLight Education Company is an approved program provider as a non-matriculated course or program that will improve the ability to get a job or encourage further study for VSAC grant recipients who are not enrolled in high school.
Department of Rehabilitation in California
ChildLight Education Company is an approved entity for training with the State of CA, Department of Rehabilitation.
***Participants have also had CE hours accepted through Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT), and the Foster Care system in addition to PT, SLP, American School Counselor Association (ASCA), and individual school districts across the country.
RECOMMENDED TRAININGS & RESOURCES
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED TRAININGS:
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Enjoy lifetime access to this workshop as a self-paced, pre-recorded course on our eLearning site!
Katie L., Teacher
Curt H., Teacher
Tyler W., Teacher
Jenn P., Occupational Therapist
Justin L., Teacher
Jamie Z., Teacher