Yoga & Mindfulness in the Preschool & PreK Classroom
This six-hour professional development training is intended for anyone spending time with preschool-aged children including those who have attended our Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training and need a refresher or additional content. Participants will gain an understanding of the many benefits and how-tos of integrating yoga and mindfulness-based preschool activities into their class day. Through interactive discussion and lots of playful, experiential practice, participants will learn developmentally appropriate and engaging breathing activities, yoga postures, song and movement sequences, and games and relaxation techniques that support social, emotional, cognitive, and physical health and well-being. Participants will also learn the components of an effective preschool yoga class and how to:
- Keep students engaged
- Increase strength, flexibility, mobility and proprioception
- Build focus and concentration
- Self regulate through movement and breathing techniques
- Practice sustainable self-care for teacher wellness to avoid burn-out
- Offer appropriate options for movement and sound in any space
- Incorporate effective proactive behavior management strategies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Explain the physical, cognitive, social and emotional benefits of integration of yoga and mindfulness-based interventions for preschoolers as reflected in the growing evidence base.
- Share developmentally appropriate and engaging yoga and mindfulness-based techniques with preschool-aged children.
- Identify opportunities to integrate yoga and mindfulness breaks throughout the school day to support social and emotional learning, attention, behavior, and positive climate.
- Develop lesson plans to support preschool curricula.
- Find additional tools and resources for continued learning.
Preschool educators will be empowered to create a positive, peaceful, productive learning environment as their students learn important skills for self-regulation that can be carried with them throughout their lives.
* Please note that these workshop contact hours do not count toward completion of our 95hr Registered Children’s Yoga School program.
CE HOURS / APPROVED PROVIDERS
Trainings are valid for Yoga Alliance CE hours and possible CEUs or PDPs from your credentialing organization.
Since 2014, ChildLight Education Company has been a Yoga Alliance approved Registered Children’s Yoga School, a Registered 200 Hour Yoga School and a Registered Prenatal Yoga School providing teacher training and continuing education.
ChildLight Education Company is a Continuing Education Provider through Courses4Teachers. The credit they offer is graduate-level professional development semester credit, through the University of the Pacific, designed for salary advancement and/or to renew credentials for teachers in districts across the U.S.
Vermont Student Assistance Corp. (VSAC)
ChildLight Education Company is an approved program provider as a non-matriculated course or program that will improve the ability to get a job or encourage further study for VSAC grant recipients who are not enrolled in high school.
Department of Rehabilitation in California
ChildLight Education Company is an approved entity for training with the State of CA, Department of Rehabilitation.
***Participants have also had CE hours accepted through Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT), and the Foster Care system in addition to PT, SLP, American School Counselor Association (ASCA), and individual school districts across the country.
$179, includes 6 contact hours, a fully-illustrated downloadable manual and a certificate of completion. Scholarship Opportunities & Group Discounts are available on a limited basis.Register with a purchase order here.
Teachers are able to request the resources their students need to thrive, and that means something different for every classroom. Donor’s Choose receives classroom project requests from every corner of America, spanning every subject and grade level, so projects can be supported that match donor criteria including yoga & mindfulness training registrations, books, mats and curriculum for the classroom. Read some tips from the Horace Mann Company here.
RECOMMENDED TRAININGS & RESOURCES
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED TRAININGS:
Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training
Yoga for Babies and Toddlers
Dates: Future Live Dates TBD
Trainer: Colleen Smith & Meg Vyas
Location: Live Online
Enjoy lifetime access to this workshop as a self-paced, pre-recorded course on our eLearning site!
* Please review our Terms & Conditions and FAQs before making your purchase.
Need a Facts Sheet to present to your organization? Download the PDF here.
Tyler W., Teacher
Jenn P., Occupational Therapist
Katie L., Teacher
Curt H., Teacher
Justin L., Teacher
Jamie Z., Teacher