Yoga & Mindfulness for Tweens and Teens
Stress and anxiety in adolescents have reached epidemic levels while a growing body of evidence suggests the practice of yoga and mindfulness can help provide tweens and teens with the ability to cope with the stressors of their daily lives. Our inspiring and transformative Yoga & Mindfulness for Teens and Tweens Teacher Training provides tools and best practices for supporting youth between the developmental ages of 10-18 years (Grade 5 and up).
Participants will learn about the science of the teenage brain and how mindful movement, breathing practices, community building games, “mat chats” and more, can support pre and adolescents in developing self-awareness, emotional resilience, healthy body image, positive thinking and compassion while providing them with skills and tools for lifelong well-being. Leave this training empowered to make a significant difference in the lives of tweens and teens!
- Understand the neuroscience of the teenage brain as well as the physiology of the growing adolescent and how yoga can supports stress management and resilience.
- Identify the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional benefits of yoga and mindfulness-based interventions for tweens and teens as reflected in the growing evidence base.
- Communicate the differences between a tween and teen and how yoga and mindfulness can support this critical stage of growth.
- Share postures, mindful movement and relaxation techniques to support teens in navigating the changes and challenges typically associated with pre and adolescent years.
- Create relevant and engaging lesson plans for tween and teen classes for a variety of contexts.
- Create a safe container for community-building activities and games that encourage positive mental health, inclusivity, healthy body image, proper nutrition, mindful technology use, improved relationships, and more.
- Find resources and support for continued growth and education.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
NOTE: Though it is not necessary to have completed an adult yoga teacher training, it’s strongly recommended that participants have experience with yoga postures and alignment through their own practice or through a 200hr teacher training.
INCLUDED IN LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
- Twelve hours of LIVE online interactive instruction
- Six hours of instructional videos, research, and project work
- Optional Certification Process
- A Lifetime of Support, Coaching, and Mentorship
Live Online: $385
Includes 18 contact hours, comprehensive, downloadable fully-illustrated instructor manual, proof of attedance and certification administration. Those who complete certification also earn ChildLight Instructor Circle membership. Scholarship Opportunities & Group Discounts are available on a limited basis.
Register with a purchase order here.
Contact Us for Payment Plan Options.
Teachers are able to request the resources their students need to thrive, and that means something different for every classroom. Donor’s Choose receives classroom project requests from every corner of America, spanning every subject and grade level, so projects can be supported that match donor criteria including yoga & mindfulness training registrations, books, mats and curriculum for the classroom. Read some tips from the Horace Mann Company here.
Participants must complete the required 18 contact hours. Candidates who attend all required training hours and successfully complete the certification process will be listed as a Certified ChildLight Instructor on our website.
CE HOURS / APPROVED PROVIDERS
Trainings are valid for Yoga Alliance CE hours and possible CEUs or PDPs from your credentialing organization.
Since 2014, ChildLight Education Company has been a Yoga Alliance approved Registered Children’s Yoga School, a Registered 200 Hour Yoga School and a Registered Prenatal Yoga School providing teacher training and continuing education.
ChildLight Education Company is a Continuing Education Provider through Courses4Teachers. The credit they offer is graduate-level professional development semester credit, through the University of the Pacific, designed for salary advancement and/or to renew credentials for teachers in districts across the U.S.
Vermont Student Assistance Corp. (VSAC)
ChildLight Education Company is an approved program provider as a non-matriculated course or program that will improve the ability to get a job or encourage further study for VSAC grant recipients who are not enrolled in high school.
Department of Rehabilitation in California
ChildLight Education Company is an approved entity for training with the State of CA, Department of Rehabilitation.
***Participants have also had CE hours accepted through Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT), and the Foster Care system in addition to PT, SLP, American School Counselor Association (ASCA), and individual school districts across the country.
Have you previously attended our Yoga & Mindfulness for Tweens and Teens Teacher Training and need a refresher? Retake this training live for $100 -OR- Watch a previous training recording as often as you’d like over a 7-day period for $100.
RECOMMENDED TRAININGS & RESOURCES
Attend this training on its own or as part of our 95-Hour Children’s Yoga School!
Also recommended: Yoga for Children book and Yoga for Children-Yoga & Mindfulness Activity Cards, by Lisa Flynn, available on our website.
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED TRAININGS:
Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training
Yoga & Mindfulness for Children: Advanced Teaching Concepts
Yoga & Mindfulness for Diverse Abilities Teacher Training
eLearning – ChildLight’s Online Courses!
$299.00 – $385.00
Jamie Z., Teacher
Justin L., Teacher
Tyler W., Teacher
Katie L., Teacher
Jenn P., Occupational Therapist
Curt H., Teacher