200 Hour Registered Yoga School
200 Hour Registered Yoga School
Earn the Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher designation (RYT) in ChildLight’s 200 Hour Registered Yoga School and gain a solid understanding of all aspects of the practice of yoga. Our program includes:
- Postures (Asana)
- Breathing Techniques (Pranayama)
- Teaching Methodology for leading a safe and intelligently sequenced class
- Lecture and discussion on yogic philosophy, mindfulness, mental health, meditation, and SEL
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Practices to support your growth as an inspirational and unique teacher
Need a Facts Sheet to present to your organization? Download the PDF here.
I had a fantastic experience completing my 200 Hour Registered Yoga School training virtually through ChildLight. Sally and Megan were professional, enthusiastic, inspiring, patient and organized. I am amazed at all the topics we covered, the in-depth meaningful conversations, time for listening, discussing, observing, reading, practicing, journaling and evolving. When the last day of training came to a close, I was left with a desire to learn more, continue practicing and an excitement about bringing yoga to my daily life. I am so excited to continue my yoga journey and am very grateful to ChildLight for providing me with a well-rounded, solid foundation. ~ Karen C.
Meet Your Trainers
- Sequence and instruct a safe, inclusive, and effective alignment-based yoga class.
- Understand the relationship between postures, breathing techniques and the autonomic nervous system.
- Understand breathing mechanics, the self-regulation benefits and skills to teach breathing techniques effectively.
- Knowledge of the lineage of yoga, philosophy, mindfulness, meditation, SEL and ethical guidelines for the practice.
- Develop awareness of teaching and learning styles practicing how to incorporate adaptations/modifications with ease and grace for an inclusive class.
- Understand the definition of trauma and best teaching practices for supporting mental health and wellness by teaching through a trauma informed lens.
- Find new and appropriate ways to use sound and develop an increased knowledge of the Sanskrit language with the option of incorporating chanting and mantra into the practice.
- Know how to find support, tools and resources for continuous learning.
INCLUDED IN HYBRID TRAINING
- 180 hours of recorded video instruction
- 20 hours of homework assignments, research, and project work
- Optional LIVE check-ins with instructors
- Final Exam
- A Lifetime of Support, Coaching, and Mentorship
FAQS & ANSWERS
Is there credit for training completed outside of ChildLight’s Training Program?
Due to our relationship with the Yoga Alliance, and the thorough, specific nature of our school’s curriculum, we do not provide credit for any training completed outside of ChildLight’s 200 Hour Registered Yoga School Training Program.
How much time will I need to study outside of the program schedule?
Prior to the start of the training, we ask that you read the text, True Yoga by Jennie Lee, in preparation for our philosophy discussions. There will be additional required study outside of the scheduled program hours.
Is there a written test that must be passed for certification?
In order to complete the certification process, you must take a written, take-home, open book exam. Details about this exam will be shared toward the end of our time together.
Still have questions?
For more information about ChildLight Teacher Trainings, contact our Director of Trainings here.
CE HOURS / APPROVED PROVIDERS
Trainings are valid for Yoga Alliance CE hours and possible CEUs or PDPs from your credentialing organization.
Since 2014, ChildLight Education Company has been a Yoga Alliance approved Registered Children’s Yoga School, a Registered 200 Hour Yoga School and a Registered Prenatal Yoga School providing teacher training and continuing education.
ChildLight Education Company is a Continuing Education Provider through Courses4Teachers. The credit they offer is graduate-level professional development semester credit, through the University of the Pacific, designed for salary advancement and/or to renew credentials for teachers in districts across the U.S.
Vermont Student Assistance Corp. (VSAC)
ChildLight Education Company is an approved program provider as a non-matriculated course or program that will improve the ability to get a job or encourage further study for VSAC grant recipients who are not enrolled in high school.
Department of Rehabilitation in California
ChildLight Education Company is an approved entity for training with the State of CA, Department of Rehabilitation.
***Participants have also had CE hours accepted through Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT), and the Foster Care system in addition to PT, SLP, American School Counselor Association (ASCA), and individual school districts across the country.
Hybrid Training: Sep 25 – Mar 25, 2023
Work through our self-paced training independently (or with a friend!). View training videos anytime, and connect live monthly to ask Sally & Megan your questions.
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE – September 20th*
Twice Monthly OPTIONAL Live Check-ins
Days & Times TBD pending group polling
Three OPTIONAL Complimentary 30-minute Mentorship Sessions
TBD according to your schedule | with Megan or Sally
We offer rolling admission for our 200-Hour Program. Through a combination of self-paced work and mentorship from ChildLight co-owners, Sally & Megan, many people have successfully graduated from our program in this format. Reach out to us to learn more!
Katie L., Teacher
Jamie Z., Teacher
Jenn P., Occupational Therapist
Justin L., Teacher
Curt H., Teacher
Tyler W., Teacher