Omazing Kids Yoga review of our new Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck is well, Omazing! We especially appreciate that Angela Moorad, the founder, notes the features that we feel make the deck and Yoga 4 Classrooms program unique, comprehensive and user-friendly.
The Omazing Kids Yoga review of our new Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck is well, Omazing! We especially appreciate that Angela Moorad, the founder, notes the features that we feel make the deck and Yoga 4 Classrooms program unique, comprehensive and user-friendly.
Highlights of the review….
Wow…. The new Yoga 4 Classrooms Activity Card Deck has it all! The Y4C card deck provides an easy to use, well-rounded & comprehensive approach to yoga for kids. It is a “must have” for classroom teachers & kids yoga teachers.
Here’s what I LOVE about the Y4C Card Deck:
• Yoga is so much more than just “poses” so it is refreshing to see this expressed so well in a kids yoga product!
• The instructions on the back of the card are easy to understand & often provide ideas for partner variations, ideas to include books & music and other classroom extension ideas.
• The cards would be very easy to use in any setting with the use of standing & chair poses (no need for yoga mats or floor space) and do not have anything in them that could be viewed as “religious” (no Sanskrit words, Om symbols, etc..) thus avoiding the potential objections school administration or parents might have.
• The cards are colorful & large enough to be seen in a group setting.
• The cards are color-coded by category.
• The illustrations on the cards depict kids of diverse ethnicities & abilities.
• The words on the front of each card capture the essence & purpose of that activity or pose and would be easy to use as “affirmations”.
• The “Be Well” cards address “Yamas” & “Niyamas” of yoga via “Character Education” in a classroom-friendly way. Yamas are social disciplines – how we behave toward others & Niyamas are personal disciplines – how we care for ourselves.