Vote for Us at Parenting NH Contest
Last year, ChildLight Yoga was voted as offering “Best Kid’s Yoga” in NH and we are excited that Parenting NH is now polling for best of 2012!
Will you help us keep our status as the Family Favorite for kids’ and family yoga in NH this year? Kids yoga is not a category on the ballot this year, but there is a fill-in category option at the end which should be entered as follows:
We thank you for your continued support and appreciation of our mission and services!
We challenge you to take pictures of your kids at your summer vacation travels doing the tree pose and upload them to the Tree Pose Campaign Facebook Page. Each week for 4 weeks, the fans of the campaign will vote on their favorite photo of the child’s Tree Pose to determine a winner of a weekly prize, which will include the Yoga 4 Classrooms Activity Card Deck!
Tree Pose Campaign is co-organized by Playful Planet, OMazing Kids, ChildLight Yoga/Yoga 4 Classrooms and Radiant Child Yoga.
Have fun and spread the word! We are looking forward to seeing all those cute pictures and sharing the joy of yoga with your families! Need some help with instructions on how to do the tree pose?
Here is the Yoga 4 Classrooms card deck to aid you:
1. Begin in Mountain pose with hands together in front of the heart. Find an unmoving object to create a “focus point”.
2. When you are ready, shift your weight to your left foot and turn your right knee out to the side. Rest your right heel on your left ankle, keeping your toe on the floor. Or, try lifting your right foot up to rest at the side of your calf.
3. Grow your arm branches up to the sky. Arms are straight,
with shoulders down away from the ears. Hands can be apart or together.
4. Balance in tree pose for a few deep breaths.
5. Great Job! Now do the Tree Pose on the other side
6. Engage the whole family in the group Tree Pose – the forest of trees!
And don’t forget to take those pictures to enter the CONTEST and win a prize.